Nowadays a large amount of advertising is aimed at children. Some people think this can have negative effects on children and should be banned. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Advertisements aimed at children can be seen everywhere these days: TV, newspapers, magazines, and the Internet. While these advertisements do have some benefits - they are informative at least, I am quite convinced that they are more harmful than beneficial to children.
(3) informative 出示信息的
(4)I am convinced that... 我相信......(= I am sure, I believe)
(5)more harmful than beneficial to... 对......而言大于利.
In the first place, in order to attract children, many advertisers tend to overemphasise the "fun side" of their products. More often than not they will promote such products as computer games, dolls, animal parks, and so on. I admit these stuff may be important to children, yet too much of them would distract children from their study. Even when they are advertising learning- aid products, the advertisers often claim their products will make children's learning process full of fun. This is really bad because it gives children a false impression that they do not have to put serious efforts into their study.
(2) more often than not (= often, frequently)常常
(3) distract sb. from sth. 使别人从某件事中走神
(4) give sb. a false impression 给别人不正确的印像
At the same time, children advertising is partly responsible for children being kept away from the reality. Catering to the psychological needs of children, many advertisements describe the world in highly imaginative and unrealistic manners. For instance, when they want to promote their doll weapons, they will describe the world as a place full of bad guys. A child exposed to such advertising may develop a deep sense of hostility to the world. On the other hand, when they want to sell entertainment park tickets to children, they will describe the world as a place full of love and without any danger at all. A child who has been made to believe this kind of advertising will have a hard time when they come across troubles in real life.
(2) be partly responsible for 对…负一部分义务,一部分造成......
(3) keep away from reality 杜绝实际
(4) cater to 顺从......
(5) unrealistic 不实际的
(6) expose (to) 曝露于......
(7) hostility 成见,憎恨
(8) come across 遇上,遭受
To conclude, since most children advertisements are misleading, they are really harmful to children who are not old enough to tell the difference between imagination and reality. Indeed, these advertisements may provide useful information for children, but these information can be obtained from other more reliable sources. Therefore, my strong suggestion is that children advertising be banned.
小结文中见解：因为儿童广告有误导性,因而对还不可以区别想像和实际的儿童而言是危害的;虽然这种广告能出示信息,但这种信息能够从更靠谱的方式得到;因此儿童广告应当被严禁. (2) to conclude 换句话说(相近短语也有in conclusion,in short,all in all)
(3) misleading 误导性的
(4) tell the difference between…”区别…
1. While these advertisements do have some benefits - they are informative at least, I am quite convinced that they are more harmful than beneficial to children.
2. I admit these stuff may be important to children, yet too much of them would distract children from their study.
3. Catering to the psychological needs of children, many advertisements describe the world in highly imaginative and unrealistic manners.
4. To conclude, since most children advertisements are misleading, they are really harmful to children who are not old enough to tell the difference between imagination and reality.