1. Do you usually eat fruit and vegetables every day?
• Yes, I do. I usually have bananas with my cereal at breakfast time, an apple for lunch, and sometimes I have melon or some other types of fruit after the main meal. I eat lots of vegetables each day as well because they’re good for me.
2. What kind of fruit do you enjoy the most?
• I really love bananas because I enjoy the flavour and the fact that they are convenient to take to school, and they fill us up easily. They’re also healthy.
3. Did you enjoy the same type of fruit when you were a child?
• No, I don’t think so. I used to hate peeling the skin of bananas, so I never really enjoyed eating them. Then, when I got a bit older, I changed my mind.
4. Do you prefer to eat fruit or vegetables?
• Sometimes, I think I prefer vegetables because they are always part of the meal, not separate, so it’s easier to get enough vegetables to stay healthy. But then, fruit is so sweet and delicious. I guess I enjoy both fruit and vegetables equally.
5.Are there any fruits or vegetables you don’t like? Why?
Yes, there are… I’m not a fussy eater, but I really hate onions and seafood… I try to avoid meals that might contain these products…
6.Do most people eat vegetables in your country?
Yes, they do. Almost every meal has either rice or potatoes and also another vegetable as well, such as cabbage, carrots, green beans or something like that. Quite a lot of people have a small proportion of vegetables to meat but at least they always have some kind of vegetable with their meal.
7.Are there many vegetarians in your country?
Yes, quite a lot. Many people choose to avoid eating meat and their diet consists of both vegetables and grains. There are quite a few restaurants in my city which cater to vegetarians and offer the most wonderful dishes such as fried aubergine, spinach and potato, onion cakes and things like that. They’re actually very delicious.