In order to adapt to the life in university and succeed, if you are a freshman, which method do you think is better:
1. attending a one-week orientation or introduction program when you are in the university campus and before classes begin.
2. Meeting regularly in your first year with students in your major field who have entered the university for several years.
1. As a student of university that has a long break between university semesters, the university requires all students to do one of the following for one month during the break:
students must take a course on the subject that has no direct connection to their majors of study.
students must volunteer to work in the city where the university is located or their hometowns to improve some aspects of life of the city or their own town.
which one do you think is more beneficial for students in their university. Why?
2. Sometimes we are assigned to work in a group on a project. Do your agree or disagree the following statement? The group will be helped more by members who are willing to do what other group members want them to do than by those who strongly insist that things should be done in a different way.
3. What is the most important factor for students to succeed at university or college?
university tutors' individual instructions to help solve students' problems;
encouragement from family and friends;
high-quality education and excellent teachers in the high school "
4. At some universities, students take part in making decisions about the issues that affect daily life of everyone on campus, such as how many hours that the libraries should be open each day or what kinds of food should be served in the cafeteria. But at some universities, experts are hired to make these decisions, students almost never involved. Which approach do you prefer and why.
5. Which one of the following values is the most important to share with a young child (ages 5 to 10)? Why?
Being helpful to others
Use specific examples and evidences to support your answer. "
6.Do you agree that it is better to work for business owned by someone else than to work for the business of one's own family
7.A city wants to help teachers of its high school students (age14-18)improve their teaching.It is considering two plans:
Choose a small group of excellent teachers; these teachers will attend a class led by an expert for additional training in how to teach effectively, and they will then come back to their schools and provide that training for other teachers in school.
Provide additional training in teaching effectively for high school teachers, using online material that each teacher will study individually.
8.Students aged 13-18 are taught different subjects by different teachers while younger students are taught by only one teacher all day long. Some people suggest it would benefit young students to be taught by different teachers. Do you agree with this view? Why or why not?
9.Modern agriculture methods damage the environment, but providing food for the growing population around the world is more important than protecting the environment."
10.If one of your friends has the opportunity to study in either one of two majors, which one of the following majors you will recommend:
A major that would allow your friend to complete studies and get a degree faster (so that he or she can get a full time job sooner)
A major that would require longer time to study, but can make it more likely to get better employment opportunities and job offers in the future.
Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. "
11.A lot of high school students now cheat in homework assignments, by asking other students for answers. Which of the following do you think is the most efficient way to stop?
asking parents to help stop the students from cheating
penalty or punishment to the students
asking teacher to create homework assignment that cannot be easily cheated
12.Which of the following summer arrangements is better for a 16-17 year old student of grade eleven?
Get ready for some of the major courses they want to study in College
Led by the teacher to visit museums or historical sites, and then write paper
13. Most adults believe that modern children (5-10 years old) behave worse than those in the past. What action parents should take do you think will have the most positive effect on children to help them be have better like respecting and treating others kindly?
limit the types of the TV programs and movies they watch
spend more time talking with children
supervise and monitor children while they are playing with their friends
Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
14. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement:students are more interested in politics today than they were in the past?
15. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement:Universities should require every graduation students to take public speaking courses. Give specific examples and details to support your answer.
16. High school teachers (teachers of students ages 14-18) spend most of class time lecturing (speaking) while the students listen and take notes. Other high school teachers spend most of class time on discussion and projects that students are highly involved in and exchange their ideas. Which of these two approaches do you think is more effective for student learning and why?
17. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? The more money people have, the more they should give away to charity.
18. If there's a way to improve yourself, which one among the three choices you would take?
take more exercise
eat more healthy food
reduce the amount of stress
19. Which one do you think is the most important for high school teacher (age from 15 to 18)
the ability to give students advice to plan for their future;
the ability to find which students need help and provide them with help;
the ability to encourage students to learn on themselves outside of the classroom
20. If your friend wants to reduce living expenses, which one would you suggest?
Find a roommate that can share the living expenses.
Buy the new technology products (cell phone) less frequently